Every day is a gift. Fill this day with joy.
As I began the month with a double-take of Bit-of-Joy #1 and #2, I end the month with a triple-take for #29, #30, #31 — but I leave you with one final quote, partly because I’m exhausted from my current road trip and partly because this one quote sums it up well.
For me, recognizing that ‘every day is a gift’ emphasizes that each day is filled with potential, opportunity, and promise — even when things feel tough and life is difficult – every day is pregnant with hope.
The phrase ‘fill this day’ reminds me that what we do with each day is up to us. Regardless of what the day brings to me, I can CHOOSE joy.
Tomorrow I will begin the last leg (8 hours) of my 80 hours (5380 mile) road trip that began last Thursday (July 26th). An arduous trip to say the least – and so many bits-of-joy:
- spent two-days traveling with one sister and her daughter – lots of giggles
- had breakfast with my son who is studying in San Francisco
- shared lunch with another sister (and visited with her husband and one son)
- enjoyed dinner with my eldest sister (and her husband)
- spent the night with my little sister (and her husband)
- saw three different elk on the plains in Wyoming
- witnessed at least 50 deer grazing in a pasture along the highway in Nebraska
- passed an alpaca farm
- took a walk along the ocean
- encountered jellyfish – and sand dollars
- witnessed several beautiful sunsets
- and sang old favorites from my iPod at the top of my lungs
Thank you for all those who followed the Bits-of-Joy in July series — whether or not you joined the conversation, I hope that the quotes I shared resonated with you in some way and brought you just a bit-of-joy….
Enjoy your day!